We’d like to thank our good friend Rita Kontogianni for her wonderful recipe!!!
- Preheat oven to 190* C (374* F) Fan.
For the base
- Combine the cornmeal, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture between your fingers well and add the water.
- Mix well. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Brush a round 30 cm baking pan with olive oil and spread the mixture on the bottom. Press down on it with the palm of your hand to spread it evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
For the filling
- Place a pan over medium heat and let it get very hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, spring onion and leek.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes and add the spinach, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for another 2-3 minutes, until the spinach loses all of its liquid.
- When ready, remove from heat and add the mint, dill, olive oil, egg, feta and lemon zest.
- Gently mix.
- Spread the filling over the base, making sure to spread it evenly.
For the coating
- Combine 100 g of the cornmeal and 125 ml of the water in a bowl.
- Pour the watery mixture over the filling.
- Spread the remaining 200 g of cornmeal over it.
- Drizzle with the remaining water and olive oil.
- Press down with the palm of your hand so that the filling is covered completely.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve with Greek strained yogurt. You can also add the aromas of mint and olive oil to the yogurt before adding.