- 150 g metsovone cheese
- 200 g gouda cheese, grated
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 400 g feta cheese
- 500 g shredded phyllo dough
- 150 g butter, melted
- 300 g heavy cream 35%
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Cheese pie with a shredded phyllo crust
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 190ο C (374ο F) set to fan.
- In a bowl, grate the metsovone, add the gouda, parmesan, the feta cheese crumbled with your hands, pepper, and mix very well. Set the bowl aside.
- Work the shredded phyllo dough with your hands, tearing apart the shreds until it gets airy and fluffy.
- Butter a 25x35 cm baking dish and spread half of the shredded phyllo on its whole surface.
- Spread all of the filling on top of the shredded phyllo, and make sure to leave a 1 cm gap all around the sides.
- Spread the rest of the shredded phyllo and the remaining butter. At this point, you can stop the rest of the process and bake your cheese pie at 160ο C (320ο F) for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, add the heavy cream, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and mix with a hand whisk.
- With a ladle, pour it over the cheese pie.
- Press lightly with your hands, so that the shredded phyllo absorbs the whole moisture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then, uncover it and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for it to cool, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by