- 200 g fresh cream cheese (Nivato)
- 150 g gruyere cheese
- 100 g ham
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g sesame seeds
Easy Greek ham and cheese pies
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A tasty, low calorie snack!
- Preheat oven to 190* C (370* F) Fan.
- In a bowl, add the nivato cheese.
- Grate the gruyere and add it to the bowl.
- Chop the ham into small cubes and add them to the bowl along with the eggs, mustard, salt, pepper and finely chopped herbs (mint, thyme or basil and oregano.
- Add the flour and mix with a fork until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- You may need to add a little more flour if the eggs are larger or if the cheese has more moisture.
- Generally you need to be a little careful with the flour so that the pies don’t turn out to dry and “floury”. You need to add just enough to make the dough easy to work with and not be sticky.
- Place the sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Knead the dough into 2 cm balls and roll them in the sesame seeds to coat.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes, depending on the size you make the pies.
Each ham and cheese pie should be about 20 g!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by