- 250 g gouda cheese, grated
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 200 g smoked ham, one piece
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 packet phyllo dough (450 g)
- 100 g olive oil, for brushing
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 1/5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cheese and Ham Greek pie
1 hour 30 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (360* F) Fan.
- In a bowl, add the grated gouda and gruyere cheese.
- Chop the ham into small cubes and add them to the bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese with your hands into the bowl.
- Add the thyme and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix with a spoon and your filling is ready.
- Place the sheets of phyllo dough on a clean working surface and cover with a towel so they don’t dry out.
- Pick up one sheet and lay it out. Drizzle with some olive oil and add some of the filling, making sure to make the filling last for all of the sheets.
- Continue the same process with the remaining sheets of phyllo, reserving 2 sheets to complete the pie.
- When all of the phyllo sheets and filling are done, begin to roll from the larger side.
- Cut the roll into 8 equal sized smaller rolls, using a serrated knife.
- Brush the bottom of a 25 cm spring form pan with olive oil.
- Add one of the reserved sheets of phyllo dough to the pan, drizzle with olive oil. Add the second sheet over it and drizzle with oil too.
- Carefully add the rolls in the pan over them.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, freshly ground pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the rolls and gently press down with your hands.
- Set it aside for 15 minutes and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Serve with some fresh thyme.
Rate this recipe You need to login