For the dough
- In a food processor add the oats, the almond slivers, the cocoa powder, and beat until completely crushed.
- Add the dates, the orange zest, the vanilla extract, and beat until the dates are pureed.
- Add the water and beat until the mixture is homogenized and a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
For the coconut whipped cream
- Open the coconut cream can, use a spoon to take out its white solid part, and add it to the mixer’s bowl. The remaining coconut water can be used in beverages and other recipes.
- In the mixer’s bowl add the coconut sugar, the vanilla extract, the orange zest, and beat with the whisk attachment at medium speed, for 3-4 minutes, until there is a whipped cream.
- Transfer the whipped cream to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a piece of parchment paper that you’ve already dusted with cocoa powder.
- Dust the dough with cocoa powder and place another piece of parchment paper over it.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the ice-cold dough into a 25x25 cm square sheet.
- Remove the coconut whipped cream from the refrigerator and spread it with a spoon over the whole surface of the dough, except for the edges.
- Wrap the dough in order to create a large roll.
- Finely chop the chocolate, add it into a bowl, and melt it in the microwave at 800 Watt for 1-1,5 minutes, or in a bain-marie.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the log and scatter the almond slivers and the gooseberries on top.
- Cut into pieces and serve.