- 4 apples, red
- 2 apples, green
- 3 pears, medium
- 3 onions
- 20 g ginger
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 250 g apple cider vinegar
- 500 g cranberries
Apple Cranberry Chutney
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
An original and very tasty idea to give as Christmas presents to your loved ones!
- Chop the red apples into large pieces.
- Chop the green apples and pears into small pieces.
- Thinly slice the onions.
- Add all of the ingredients, apart from the cranberries, to a pot and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar melts.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the larger pieces of apple soften and the liquid in the pot reduces. This should take about 20-30 minutes.
- When the liquid has reduced, add the cranberries and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a container so it can cool.
- Fill airtight jars and seal.
- Your chutney is ready to be given as a gift.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by