- 1,2 kilo pears
- 800 g granulated sugar
- 100 ml balsamic cream
- 100 g honey
- 200 g apple pectin , apple
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon
- 2 star anises
- pepper, freshly ground
- cardamom, some
Greek Spiced Pear and Balsamic Vinegar Spoon Sweet
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Spoon Sweets are very popular and a tradition in many countries. You don’t have to necessarily eat them with a spoon! They can be eaten just as jams or jellies. The fruit is usually whole or in large sized pieces and the syrup is thick and delicious. Try it on bread, waffles, pancakes or even a slice of cake!Peel the pears. Remove the stems and seeds. Cut in half and then each half into 6 pieces.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Boil until they reduce to half the original content.
- Put the pear slices, sugar, spices and balsamic vinegar mixture in a bowl.
- Cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, transfer the mixture to a stainless steel pot. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the mixture back into a bowl and cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Refrigerate again, overnight.
- The next day, pass the mixture through a thin sifter, and let it strain the syrup into a bowl.
- Transfer the syrup to a pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and remove the froth when necessary.
- If you have a cooking thermometer, insert it into the syrup. When the syrup has reached 105* C (220* F) it will be thick enough and ready. If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, just let the syrup boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pieces of pear and the apple pectin. Boil the mixture for 5 minutes over high heat. Remove froth when necessary and stir gently.
- Pour the spoon sweet into a sterilized jar and seal tightly.
Once placed in a sterilized jar, the spoon sweet can be stored in, or out of the refrigerator for quite a few months.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by