- 1,5 kilo quinces
- 900 g granulated sugar
- juice, of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves, whole
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch cardamom, ground
Greek Spiced Quince Sweet
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
1 medium vase
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Rub the quince with a towel to remove the fuzz. Wash with cold water. Peel, remove the stems and tough parts.
- Cut into 4 pieces and remove seeds and tough middle part. Cut each piece in half (or three pieces if the fruit is very large).
- In a stainless steel pot, add the quince, sugar, lemon juice, quince juice and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Repeat this process for 4 consecutive days.
- On the fifth day, boil them in a stainless steel pot. Remove the froth and continue to boil for 10 minutes over low heat. Stir carefully.
- Remove the quince pieces with a spoon and put them in a jar. The syrup will be added to the jar when ready.
- Let the syrup come to a boil, one last time and pour it into the jar. Seal the jar.
You can keep the pits, seeds and the peel, to make quince juice!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by