- 1.600 g lemon rinds (about 14-15 lemons with a thick peel)
- 2 ½ kilos granulated sugar
- 1.250 ml water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 star anise pods
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Spoon Sweet
- Wash the lemons, dry them and carefully remove the peel by carving the lemons in 4 places, just as you would an orange.
- Cut the rinds into very thin strips.
- Place them in a bowl with a generous amount of cold water and soak for 24 hours, changing the water every 3-4 hours.
- When ready, transfer to a pot with a generous amount of water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and repeat the same process another three times.
- When ready, transfer lemon rinds to another pot and add the sugar, water, vanilla and star anise. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pot to a boil, cover with parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, transfer the mixture to a pot.
- Add the glucose syrup and lemon juice.
- Boil over medium heat for about 30-40 minutes until the syrup thickens, and removing the froth if necessary.
- When ready, transfer the lemon spoon sweet to sterilized jars.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Rate this recipe You need to login