- 1 kilo strawberries
- 300 g granulated sugar
- lemon juice, of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme leaves
Strawberry thyme jam
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the strawberries, remove their stems, and cut them into irregular pieces.
- Add the strawberry pieces into a pot along with the sugar, the lemon juice, and the thyme.
- Stir with a serving spoon and leave the mixture into the pot for 1 hour.
- Transfer the pot over medium-low heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the sugar melts.
- Press the strawberries with a potato masher until completely mashed. Optionally, you can leave a few pieces and not mash them entirely.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Divide the hot jam into jars, that you have already sterilized, leaving a 1 cm border.
- Seal the jars well with their lids and transfer them to a large pot with the lid facing down.
- Fill the pot with enough boiling water to cover the jars completely, cover it with the lid, and boil for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and leave the jars in the boiling water for another 10 minutes.
- Open the pot’s lid, carefully remove the jars, and transfer them to your kitchen counter on a dish towel with their lid facing up.
- Leave the jars there for 12 hours. While they are cooling, you will hear a characteristic sound which will show you that they are sealed airtight.
- 12 hours later, you can check if the jars are sealed airtight by pressing their jar in the center.
- If you can press the center, then they are not sealed airtight. In this case, refrigerate the jars and make sure you consume the jam within 5 days.
- If you cannot press the center down, then the jars are sealed airtight.
- Store the jars with the jam in a cool, dry place for up to 12 months.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by