- 300 g strained yogurt, 10%
- 30 g milk, 3,5% fat
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 180 g self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 liter sunflower oil, for the frying
- 50 g honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
Quick honey donuts - Loukoumades
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl add the yogurt, the milk, the sugar, the vanilla extract, the salt, the lemon zest, and whisk well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the flour, the baking powder, and whisk until the mixture is homogenized.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Place a pot with plenty of sunflower oil over medium-high heat. Ideally, you want the oil to reach 170ο C (340ο F). Add the rest of the sunflower oil into a mug along with a spoon.
- Take a little of the dough with your hands and squeeze it in your palm. The mixture that will come out between your thumb and index finger, take it with a spoon. This way, you will help the dough slip into the oil.
- Fry in batches for 4-5 minutes, until they are nicely golden and cooked through. Remove and transfer to paper towels.
- Drizzle with honey and cinnamon.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by