- 100 g walnuts
- 220 g tea biscuits
- 120 g butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 150 g sweetened condensed milk
- 10 g brandy
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 350 g chocolate couverture, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 level teaspoon(s) cinnamon
Greek walnut-filled chocolates - Kariokes
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a saucepan, add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- In a food processor, add the cookies and walnuts.
- Beat to break them up into pieces but you don’t want to finely ground them.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the melted butter along with the sweetened condensed milk, ground cinnamon, cocoa powder, cognac, vanilla extract and honey.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Press down on the mixture with your hands to make it more compact and place it in a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll it with your hands so it takes on the shape of a salami and wrap in the plastic wrap.
- Lay out another 2 sheets of plastic wrap making sure they are touching each other and place the carioca roll on it.
- Wrap it in the plastic wrap very tightly.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to chill or in the freezer for 1 hour.
- When ready, remove the plastic coverings and cut into 1 cm slices.
- Pick up each slice with a fork or a pair of tongs and dip it into the melted couverture.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- When the karioka is chilled, the couverture will harden but you can refrigerate again.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by