- 400 g chestnuts, boiled
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 100 g butter
- 100 g chocolate couverture 65%
- 50 g milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon(s) brandy
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 100 g white chocolate couverture, melted for drizzling
Chocolate chestnut log
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Beat the boiled chestnuts and sugar in a food process, until finely ground.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and milk in a bain marie. Stir until incorporated.
- Add the cognac and vanilla extract. Stir and remove from heat. The mixture will thicken because you added the alcohol.
- Add the ground chestnut mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Line an 18x18 cm cake pan with plastic wrap.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unmold the cake. Dust with icing sugar, drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Cut into slices, decorate with chestnuts, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by