- 130 g white chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 400 g heavy cream 35%, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 100 g granulated sugar
White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Heat up the heavy cream a little, add the vanilla and add it to the bain marie. (If you are using a vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds with a small knife and add them to the heavy cream. Heat over low heat and as soon as it starts to simmer, remove from heat and set it aside for 1 hour before using. This is done so that the cream can become infused with the vanilla aroma.)
- Whisk to combine and transfer mixture to a clean pot.
- Place over LOW heat and stir continuously with a wooden spoon. It is VERY important to heat it over low heat because you DON’T want the eggs to cook in to an omelet.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back side of the wooden spoon without running and remove from heat.
- Pass the cream through a sieve and divide between 6-8 ramekins for crème brulee.
- Refrigerate for 1 day.
- The following day and right before serving, turn on the broiler in the oven on high. Position the oven rack on the highest level and when the oven has become hot enough, sprinkle the sugar over the crème brulee.
- Cook in the oven for a few minutes, until the sugar melts and turns golden brown.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by