- 6 egg yolks, of medium eggs
- 270 g granulated sugar
- 1 liter milk, 3,5%
- 100 g corn starch
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g butter
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl add the yolks, half of the sugar, and whisk well.
- Add 100 g of the milk, the cornstarch, and whisk.
- In a pot add the rest of the milk, the rest of the sugar, the vanilla seeds and pod, and transfer over medium heat.
- As soon as the mixture starts boiling, remove from the heat, discard the vanilla pod, and slowly pour it into the bowl with the yolks, by whisking constantly.
- Transfer into the pot again and place it over medium heat. Whisk until the cream thickens well.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter. Stir until the butter melts.
- Transfer into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3-4 hours to cool well. The plastic wrap should touch the surface of the cream.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and whisk well or beat it in the mixer for a few seconds, until fluffy.
- Transfer into a pastry bag and make a mille-feuille, tartlets, or any other dessert that you want.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by