For the chocolate lava cake
- Preheat the oven to 160ο C (320ο F) set to fan.
- In a bowl add the heavy cream, the chocolate cut into pieces, cover it with plastic wrap, and microwave at 800 Watt for 1- 1 ½ minute. You want to melt but not burn the ingredients.
- In a food processor add the sugar, the almonds, the corn starch, the baking powder, the vanilla extract, salt, and beat until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Add the eggs, the yolks, and beat well.
- Add the ganache and beat well until the mixture is homogenized.
- Transfer the mixture to a 25 cm springform pan that is buttered and dusted with cocoa powder, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
For the ganache
- Lower the oven’s temperature to 130ο C (270ο F) set to fan.
- Place a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the heavy cream, the sugar, and let the mixture get hot.
- In a bowl add the chocolate into pieces, and then add the hot mixture from the pot, the vanilla extract, and whisk until homogenized.
- Add the milk, the egg, salt, and whisk well.
- Use a serving spoon to spread it on top of the lava cake and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.