- 3 eggs, medium
- 150 g chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar, to serve
- mint leaves, to serve
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two different bowls.
- Add the egg whites into the mixer’s bowl and beat them with the whisk attachment at high speed until they are fluffy and have a meringue-like texture, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- At the same time, add the chocolate couverture into a large bowl and melt it over a bain-marie.
- Add the sugar, the vanilla extract, and the salt into the bowl with the egg yolks. Whisk for 2 minutes until the sugar is incorporated into the yolks.
- Remove the bowl with the chocolate from the bain-marie.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into the bowl with the egg yolks and whisk until the mixture is homogenized. This way, the temperature of the chocolate will “cook” the eggs.
- Add one spoonful of the meringue into the bowl with the yolks and whisk until the 2 mixtures are homogenized.
- Add the rest of the meringue and fold the mixture softly with a silicone spatula, so that the mousse does not lose its volume.
- Divide the mousse among 2 bowls and refrigerate them for 4 hours so that the mousse thickens well.
- Serve with icing sugar and decorate with mint leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by