- 1 sweetbread, cut into 2 cm slices
- 200 gr strawberries, hulled and cut in half + extra for garnish
- 4 eggs
- 400 gr milk
- 400 gr heavy cream 35% fat
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 50 gr butter, for baking pan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- creme anglaise, to serve
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Grease a 20 x 30 cm baking pan with butter.
- Fit the sweetbread slices in the pan, one next to the other. Place the remaining slices over them and cut some slices in half if necessary.
- Add the strawberries, placing them between the slices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly whisk the eggs.
- Add the milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, nutmeg, zest and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the sweetbread, making sure that all of the slices are coated in the egg mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate from 1 to 12 hours, until it soaks up all of the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 170 * C (350 *F) Fan.
- When the sweetbread is ready, bake for 40-45 minutes, until light golden.
- Serve with crème anglaise and extra strawberries.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.