- 250 g glutinous rice
- 500 ml water
- 500 ml milk, 3,5%
- 400 ml heavy cream 35%
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 6 cardamom, seeds
- 2 stick(s) cinnamon
- cinnamon, ground, to serve
Greek rice pudding
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot, add the rice, water, milk and heavy cream.
- In a small food processor, beat the granulated sugar and 6 cardamom seeds. Beat for 1 minute, until the seeds are finely ground.
- If you don't have cardamom, you can add a vanilla pod and its seeds directly to the pot.
- Add the aromatic mixture to the pot.
- Stir and add the cinnamon sticks.
- Place the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes stirring continuously. It is important to stir continuously so that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, lower heat to medium-low.
- The longer you stir the more the mixture will thicken.
- As soon as the rice begins to thicken, remove from heat, remove lid and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- You can serve it warm or cold. If you like it cold, refrigerate to chill.
- To serve your rice pudding in the traditional Greek way, sprinkle with a generous amount of ground cinnamon.
You can try it with milk or low fat cream!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by