- 800 g sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g digestive cookies
- 50 g butter
- 150 g chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 300 g chocolate couverture, for coating
- 1 pinch salt
Caramel cookie chocolates
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
In this recipe we prepare our own dulce de leche. If you would like to avoid this preparation, you can find ready-made dulce de leche in big supermarkets!
- Simmer the condensed milk for 3 ½ hours. Place the whole can, unopened into a pot with water or in a pressure cooker for 1 hour. The water should be bubbling gently, not boiling vigorously. Make sure the cans are continuously immersed in water while simmering. Add more water if necessary.
- When ready, allow to cool before opening the can (it can be stored for 1-2 months without refrigerating as long as it is not opened).
- Pulse the graham crackers in the food processor until fine crumbs form.
- In a deep pan, add the butter over medium to low heat, until it melts.
- When ready, add the pulsed graham crackers. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- When the mixture looks like wet sand, remove from heat.
- Add the 50 g of chocolate and continue to stir until the chocolate melts and completely combined. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Clean the pan and put it back on low heat. Open the cans of condensed milk which has now acquired a caramel flavor and color. Pour into pan along with a pinch of salt. Mix with a spatula until the caramel melts.
- Add the 100 g of chocolate. Remove from heat and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Pour the caramel mixture into the graham cracker mixture. Mix with a spatula.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 5-6 hours, until chilled.
- When chilled, form little balls by taking spoonfuls of the mixture. When all of the mixture is done, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When chilled, melt 300g of dark chocolate couverture (in the microwave or in a bain marie). Coat each little ball with chocolate.
- Transfer to a serving platter, lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
When molding the mixture into little balls, wear disposable gloves so that the chocolate doesn’t melt from the warmth of your hands.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by