- 300 g heavy cream 35%
- 140 g milk chocolate couverture, coarsely chopped
- 260 g chocolate couverture, coarsely chopped
- 300 g ricotta
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 50 g brown sugar
- orange zest, of 1 orange
- 18 slices sandwich bread, or raisin bread
- butter, softened for spreading
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Heat the heavy cream in a pot over medium heat. When it starts to simmer, add the milk chocolate and 200 g dark chocolate couverture.
- Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes and stir mixture with a spatula until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and orange until combined. Then add the remaining dark chocolate couverture.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Butter the slices of bread on one side. Place half of them onto a sheet of parchment paper, butter side down.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the slices. It should be spread thicker in the middle and thinner towards the edges, leaving a 5 mm border all around.
- Butter the remaining slices of bread and place over the mixture, butter side up, creating sandwiches.
- Place in oven and toast for 5 minutes.
- Cut the sandwiches into triangles.
- Serve warm with warm chocolate sauce.
If you have a toaster, you can toast the slices of bread there instead of using the oven!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by