- 350 g crackers, salted
- 160 g butter
- 220 g brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 300 g dark chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 50 g almond slivers, toasted
Chocolate Caramel Saltine Florentines
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Line a 25x35 cm baking pan with aluminum foil and parchment paper.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a layer of crackers.
- In a pot, add the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Place over medium heat.
- Stir continuously for 3 minutes with a wooden spoon, until the sugar melts and turns to caramel.
- As soon as the first bubbles appear, cook for another 3 minutes, remove from heat and immediately pour over the crackers. Spread with a spatula while the caramel is still hot.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and add the finely chopped couverture, making sure it completely coats the whole surface of the caramel.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the couverture to melt and spread with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond slivers and set aside to cool.
- Break up the Florentines into uneven pieces with your hands and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by