- 150 g egg whites (5 medium eggs)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 150 g icing sugar
- black food coloring paste for the eyes
Spooky meringue ghosts
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 100° C (212° F) set to fan.
- For the meringue, you need a mixer and you need to make sure that the bowl is spotlessly clean.
- With the mixer’s whisk attachment on medium speed, beat the egg whites, salt, and vanilla, until fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar in 10 batches and wait until it is fluffy.
- As soon as it turns fluffy and glossy, have a taste of the meringue to see if the granulated sugar is entirely dissolved. If not, keep beating for a little longer.
- When the mixture is ready, add the icing sugar and beat for 10 more seconds, until it is homogenized.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and shape the meringues-ghosts on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Put the mixture into a pastry bag with a round pastry tip 5-8 millimeters, and shape the meringues-ghosts as in the picture.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the meringues cool completely.
- Dip a toothpick lightly into the black food coloring paste and shape the eyes.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by