- 400 g chestnuts, boiled
- 50 g honey
- 100 g butter
- 100 g chocolate couverture
- 50 g milk
- orange zest, of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) edible glitter
Chocolate chestnut truffles
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a food processor, beat the chestnuts with the sweetener until they are powdered.
- In a bowl add the butter, the chocolate cut into pieces, the milk, transfer over a pot with simmering water to create a bain-marie, and let them melt.
- Add the orange zest, the vanilla extract, mix and remove from the heat.
- Add the chestnut powder to the chocolate mixture, and mix until they are homogenized.
- Transfer the mixture to a 10x30 cm loaf tin lined with plastic wrap -its bottom and sides- and refrigerate it to chill well, for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and turn the dessert out of the loaf tin.
- Cut it into 50-55 small cubes, 2 cm each.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder with the edible glitter, dredge the truffles in the mixture and shake off the excess cocoa powder.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by