We’d like to thank our member, Anthie Christodoulou, for her elaborate and beautiful recipe!!!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- To prepare the dough, add all of the ingredients in a mixer’s bowl. Beat with the hook attachment until a soft, elastic dough is created. You may need to add some extra flour so the dough won’t stick to the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and cut in half.
- Wrap one half in plastic wrap and put in freezer for 1 hour. Grease and flour a 26 cm round cake pan. Spread the other half onto the bottom and sides of the cake pan, with your hands, to create a pie shell.
- Place all of the ingredients for the filling (chopped apples, sugar substitute and cinnamon), in a nonstick pan. Cook until the apples soften. Spread filling over pie shell.
- When the remaining dough is ready, cut into small cubes and spread nicely over the filling, creating a very impressive pie shell!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with castor sugar.