- 200g thickly grated carrots
- 80g coconut flakes
- 200g granulated sugar
- For the biscuit base:
- 200g digestives or any other kind of cookies (you could use filled cookies if you wish)
- 100g soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of grated cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon of grated cardamom
- 200g milk or dark chocolate to melt on top
No bake carrot and coconut bars
- Prepare a 9x9inch baking pan and line it with nonstick baking paper.
- Put the thickly grated carrots, the coconut flakes and the sugar in a pan and cook on high heat and for 5 minutes, until it becomes like a paste. Set aside.
- In a food processor crush the cookies until they become like crumbs. Add the soft cream cheese, the cinnamon and the cardamom and mix them together. Put the cookie-mixture in the prepared baking pan and press it down so that you form a biscuit base. Then put the carrot-coconut-sugar paste on top of the biscuit base and press it down with a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate and pour on top of the carrot and coconut layer. Put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set a bit. ENJOY! :)
Rate this recipe You need to login