1 hour 20 minutes
For the apple filling
- You can use any type of apples you like.
- Peel the apples and remove the core and seeds.
- Roughly chop them in to bigger and smaller pieces, so you can have different textures in the cake.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cinnamon, cloves, sugar, walnuts and vanilla.
- Mix and set aside until needed.
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350*F) Fan.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, orange juice and sugar.
- Whisk until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the eggs and whisk to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Grease and flour a round 26 cm bundt pan or a cake pan with a whole in the middle.
- Add 1/3 of the cake batter.
- Add half of the apple filling over it.
- The apple mixture may seem like a lot in the pan… but the batter will rise and envelop it while baking.
- Cover with another 1/3 of the cake batter.
- Add the remaining apple filling over it.
- Cover with the final 1/3 of cake batter.
- Bang the cake pan on a hard surface to help the batter fill in the gaps between the apples and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.. on the highest rack in the oven.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar, cut in to pieces and add 2 mint leaves to each serving!
Rate this recipe
You need to login