- 450 g tahini
- 200 g honey
- 200 g dark chocolate couverture, chopped into pieces
- 150 g mixed nuts (pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts)
- 150 g cereal
- 200 g oats
- 80 g cranberries
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Heat the honey in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Combine the tahini and honey together in a large bowl. Be careful not to over mix because it will make the mixture too thick.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and melt in the microwave for 2 minutes, set at 800 watts. (Or you can melt it in a bain marie.)
- Add the melted chocolate to the tahini-honey mixture and mix.
- Add the oats, mixed nuts and cranberries. Mix with a spatula. Add the cereal and continue to mix by hand.
- Spread a very large piece of plastic wrap over a 20x30 cm baking pan, letting it hang over the edges. Spread the mixture over the wrap and sprinkle some more cereal over the top. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until firm.
- To serve, cut into 20 equal sized bars, each 5 cm thick.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.