- 300 g self-rising flour
- 175 g granulated sugar
- 175 ml milk
- 100 g seed oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder, powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- zest, of 1 orange
Syrup spicy cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
For the syrup
- In a pot, add the sugar, spices and 200 ml water. Simmer over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and turn into a light syrup.
- Turn off heat and add the grated zest and Cointreau.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 170* C (338* F) Fan.
- In a mixer, beat the sugar and egg with the paddle attachment on low speed. Pass the cocoa powder and flour through a sieve into a bowl. Add the grated orange zest.
- Add the vanilla extract, sunflower oil and beat until completely combined.
- Add 1/3 of the flour and then 1/3 of the milk. Repeat the same process until the flower mixture finishes.
- Line a 30x20 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Insert a knife into the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute. Insert a knife into the cake making a few holes for the syrup to be able to be soaked up by the cake. Pour the cool syrup over the hot cake.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by