Greek almond snowball cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 170οC (338ο F) set to fan.
- In a food processor, add the Greek almond snowballs – kourabiedes, beat them for 2-3 minutes until powdered, and set aside.
- In a mixer’s bowl, add the butter, the sugar, and beat with the whisk attachment at high speed for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
- Lower the mixer’s speed, and into the bowl, add the vanilla extract and the eggs one by one, waiting for the first one to be incorporated before adding the next.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, the almond snowballs’ crumble, and the orange zest with a spoon.
- Add the flour mixture and the almond milk alternately into the egg mixture, and keep beating for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Butter and flour a 35x10 cm cake pan, and add the batter inside.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve with 3-4 crumbled almond snowballs onto the cake, and dust with icing sugar.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by