- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 120 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 g self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 120 g coconut, ground
- 200 g pineapple, cut into 1 cm pieces + extra slices for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer, using the whisk attachment for at least 10 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, waiting for each egg to be completely incorporated in the mixture before adding the next one.
- Add the yogurt and beat until completely combined.
- Sift the flour, vanilla (if powder) salt, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Add it to the mixture in batches and fold in with a spatula not with the mixer.
- Add the coconut and mix with spatula.
- Dust the pineapple pieces with flour. Add them to the mixture.
- Grease and flour a 10x35 cm cake pan and add mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes and pierce cake with knife or toothpick to make sure it is done. If it comes out clean and dry, it is.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes and remove from cake pan.
You can add some of the pineapple syrup from the can to give the cake a more intense pineapple flavor and sweeter taste!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by