- 400 g chocolate couverture
- 5 eggs, medium sized
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 170 g sunflower oil
- 80 g whiskey
- 80 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar, for serving
The ultimate chocolate cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Break up 200 g of the chocolate couverture into very small pieces with your hands.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 2 - 2 ½ minutes, at 800 watts, to melt.
- When ready, remove the plastic wrap and stir with a spatula until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar, olive oil and whiskey.
- Whisk until the ingredients are completely combined and the sugar has melted completely.
- Add the melted chocolate and set aside.
- Chop up the remaining 200 g of chocolate couverture with a knife and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and lightly mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir with a plastic spatula until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Grease a 10x20 cm baking pan with butter and add the cake batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. To make sure it is done, insert the blade of a knife into the cake and if it comes out clean and dry it is ready.
- When ready, remove from heat and set it aside for 1 hour to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by