For the chicken meatball soup
- Grate the onion, the garlic, and add them into a bowl. Alternatively, add the onion and the garlic into a bowl with water or squeeze them well with your hands to remove the excess moisture.
- In the bowl add the ground chicken, the dill and the mint finely chopped, the cumin, rice, salt, pepper, olive oil, and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 25-30 meatballs and arrange them on the bottom of a pot.
- Add the water, chicken bouillon cube, lemon peels, bay leaf, and transfer over medium-low heat.
- Cover with the lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
For the egg-lemon sauce
- In a bowl add the lemon zest and juice, the egg yolks, salt, pepper, and whisk well.
- Add the corn starch and whisk.
- Add the stock from the pot very slowly into the bowl, whisking constantly. Be careful to pour the stock very slowly.
- Transfer the whole mixture back into the pot and put it on the stove.
- Gently shake the pot and, once the egg-lemon sauce comes to a boil, remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the dill and serve with dill, pepper, olive oil, and lemon slices.