- 1 1/2 kilo rooster, cut nto 10-12 pieces
- 750 g red wine
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 300 g bacon, into cubes
- 500 g onions, pearl, peeled
- 500 g champignon mushrooms, small, whole
- 300 g water
- 2 chicken bouillon cube
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, optional
Rooster in Red Wine Sauce
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Marinate the rooster into the wine for 24 hours.
- Remove the rooster from the marinade which we set aside. Dry the meat well by using paper towel.
- In a well-heated frying pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Lightly flour the meat pieces and sauté them well, until golden from all sides.
- Sauté the meat pieces little by little, as you want them to make a nice crust. Remove and set aside.
- In a pot placed over high heat, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and sauté the bacon, onion, and garlic. After they are well sautéed, add the wine.
- The wine will froth a lot when added in, so leave it for 2-3 minutes, and if needed, skim some of the froth with a slotted spoon.
- Then, add the rooster pieces, chicken bouillon cubes, water, and boil them for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the shallots.
- After 40 minutes, add the mushrooms and keep boiling.
- Lastly, after 60 minutes, remove the rooster from the pot, and in case the sauce needs to thicken more, let it simmer for a bit more.
- When the sauce thickens enough, remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and let it be incorporated.
- Add the rooster pieces and leave them inside so that they get more from the sauce’s taste.
- Lastly, if you want, serve with pasta.
Now you know all the secrets….
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by