- Place a pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Finely chop the onion and add it to the pan along with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Thinly slice the garlic and add it to the pan.
- Sauté until the onion softens.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan along with the tarragon.
- Sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms turn golden.
- Add the white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- In the meantime, prepare the chicken.
- It is best to wear disposable gloves when handling raw chicken.
- Cut the chicken in to 2 cm pieces.
- As soon as the mushrooms are ready, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the same pan over heat and add the pieces of chicken, 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sauté until the chicken turn golden.
- Add the brandy and allow the alcohol to evaporate. (If you are more experienced cooks, you can set fire to the brandy and flambé it.
- Add the mushrooms, water, heavy cream and bouillon cube.
- Gently stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of aromatics.
Rate this recipe
You need to login