- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
For the potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and chop them in to wedges.
- Place a pan over high heat and add olive oil.
- When it gets very hot, add the potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper and a few sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Sauté until golden.
- When ready, transfer to an ovenproof baking dish and set aside until needed.
For the marinade
- Beat the garlic, bouillon cube, oregano, lemon rind, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, water, honey, mustard and a generous amount of thyme in a food processor, until the garlic completely breaks down and all of the ingredients are combined.
For the chicken
- It is better to wear disposable gloves when working with raw chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour the marinade over it.
- Massage it on to chicken until it is completely coated.
- You can cook it immediately or refrigerate and let it marinate for up to 1 ½ days. The longer you let the marinade work on the chicken, the tastier it will turn out!
- When ready to cook, place chicken over the potatoes in the baking dish.
- Drizzle any remaining marinade over chicken and potatoes and cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 45 minutes, remove aluminum foil and roast for another 30-45 minutes, basting the chicken with the marinade and juices as often as possible.
When ready, serve lemon chicken and potatoes with Greek strained yogurt!