- 750 g chicken, fillets
- peels, of 2 lemons
- juice, of 2 lemons
- rosemary, only the leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 250 g water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
Lemony chicken stew
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the chicken fillets into diagonal thin strips.
- Put them in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a deep pot over high heat. When it gets very hot, add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the rice and rosemary. Sauté for 2 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter, lemon peels and bay leaves. Cook for 1 more minute and add the lemon juice.
- Add the water and bouillon cube and lower heat to low.
- Cove pot with lid or with plastic wrap. If you use plastic wrap, poke a few holes in it to allow the air to escape.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the rice is ready and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by