- 1 kilo chicken, fillet
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2-3 bacon, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) paprika, sweet
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika, smoked
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion, large, dry
- 300 g BBQ sauce
- parsley, finely chopped
Chicken kebabs with bbq sauce
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the chicken fillets into 2 cm pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the salt, mix well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. The salt will marinate the meat and make it soft.
- When ready, remove from refrigerator and wipe off salt with paper towels.
- In a food processor, beat the bacon, sweet paprika, smoked paprika and sugar, until you create a paste.
- Coat chicken with the paste.
- Thread the pieces of chicken on skewers, alternating between chicken, bell peppers and onions.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, on a very hot grill with a lid, turning them over every 2 minutes, until they are done on all sides.
- Brush chicken kebabs with bbq sauce and once you turn them over 180 degrees, grill for 1 minute.
- Brush with a little more bbq sauce, turn over again and grill for another minute.
- Remove from grill and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken kebabs with more bbq sauce and some finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by