For the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Put the chicken on a baking pan with a rack and spread 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast it for 1 ½ hour, until it is cooked through and crispy.
- Remove and set it aside for 20-30 minutes to rest.
For the gravy
- Place a deep frying pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cut the onion into thin slices and add it to the pan.
- Finely chop the garlic and add it to the pan. Add the thyme, the rosemary, and sauté them for 1-2 minutes until caramelized.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Deglaze the pan with the Worcestershire sauce, the wine, and stir until the wine is evaporated.
- Add the chicken bouillon cubes, the water, lower the heat to medium, and boil for 8-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Strain the sauce and set it aside.
For the Yorkshire puddings
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- Put 10 crème caramel metal molds in a baking pan.
- Divide the seed oil among the molds and make sure they are filled halfway up.
- Put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the oil gets very hot.
- In a bowl add the milk, eggs, flour, mustard, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and whisk well. Whisk until you break up any lumps there might be in the mixture.
- Transfer to a measuring jug. Remove the pan with the hot oil from the oven and divide the mixture among the molds.
- Lower the oven’s temperature to 185ο C (365ο F) set to fan and bake them for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the puddings cool in the molds and serve the chicken and the gravy with mashed potatoes or oven-baked potatoes and thyme.