- 250 g sandwich bread
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika, sweet
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 onion, medium
- 1 Florina pepper (red pepper)
- 4 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 carrot, medium
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, for sautéing vegetables
- 1 kilo ground chicken, from thighs
- 100 g olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg, medium
Chicken Meatballs with Red Horn Peppers
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
You can also use ground turkey meat instead of ground chicken and make turkey meatballs!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- In a food processor, add the bread, garlic clove, thyme, paprika and pepper. Pulse until you get coarse breadcrumbs.
- Spread this aromatic mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until crunchy and golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Add the onion, pepper, 3 garlic cloves and carrot to the food processor. Pulse to break down but not to puree.
- In a small non-stick pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes, until they caramelize and reduce to 1/3 of their previous volume. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, olive oil and sautéed vegetables.
- Add the salt and extra thyme. Add the raw egg.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and allow the meat mixture to marinate anywhere from 2 hours to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan – or light up a grill.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Shape mixture into 8 meatballs and place in baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
The ground chicken meat should be made from chicken thighs! The bread added is necessary because it soaks up all of the juices and makes our meatballs very fluffy. You don’t need to turn them over when baking!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by