- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, cut into large rounds
- 200 g chicken thighs, cooked
- 350 g cheddar sauce
- grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Chicken Pot Pies
- Preheat oven to 190* C (370* F) Fan.
- Place a large pan over low heat.
- Add the olive oil, leek, garlic and spring onion.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes, until the leek and onion softens.
- In the meantime, cut the chicken into small bite sized chunks.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the cheddar sauce, lemon zest, chili flakes, thyme, mustard, milk and the chicken.
- Mix to combine completely.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 5 round ramekins (100 ml capacity each).
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a working surface that has been dusted with flour.
- Cut out 5 circles that are larger than the circumference of the ramekins so that can cover and seal them properly.
- Place each circle over each ramekin and press the edges of the puff pastry gently with your fingers to close around the ramekin.
- Brush the puff pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
You can use any leftover chicken to make this delicious recipe ;)
Rate this recipe You need to login