Watch the video in sign language here.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the brine!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Add all of the ingredients for the brine in a small saucepan.
- Stir and bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and set aside for 1 hour. After 1 hour, strain into a bowl. It should have cooled completely.
- Chop the chicken into small bite sized pieces and add them to the Poultry Brine. Let them soak for ½ an hour to 1 hour.
- Drain the chicken pieces and dry off with paper towels. All of the moisture needs to be drained. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a very hot pan. Brown the chicken on the skewers on all sides, about 3-4 minutes.
- When they are browned, cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Place the pita bread in a baking pan. Drizzle with a very small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Present the chicken souvlaki on pita bread and serve with chopped tomatoes, lettuce and sauce. You can also try it with the tzatziki sauce!