- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) anise, seeds
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 100 g sandwich bread , wholegrain
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 100 g BBQ sauce
- 100 g strained yogurt, to serve
- 1 cucumber, to serve
- mint, tips, to serve
Chicken meatballs with BBQ sauce
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven at 180ο C (356* F) Set to Fan.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onion. Sauté the onion and the star anise for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Finely chop the garlic and sauté with the onion for 1 minute.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, beat the bread until crumbled. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, star anise and garlic (they are cool by now), the ground chicken, parsley, mint, Worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Mix until homogenized.
- Shape the mixture into 40 g balls and place them in a line one next to the other on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven. Brush the BBQ sauce on top of the meatballs and bake again for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with the yogurt and the cucumber (cut the cucumber into thin slices).
- Decorate with mint tips and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by