- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, large
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 sprigs thyme, only the leaves
- 400 g small agaricus mushrooms
- 300 g bulgur wheat
- 250 g white wine
- 750 g water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 50-100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley, finely chopped
Bulgur with chicken and mushrooms
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Add it to the pot and sauté for about 4-5 minutes, until it caramelizes.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add them to the pot along with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add the mushrooms. Stir.
- Add the bulgur and sauté for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine and allow all of the alcohol to evaporate.
- Finally, add the water and chicken bouillon cube.
- Simmer for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When all of the liquid is soaked up, remove from heat and add the parmesan.
- Check the spices and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by