- 160 g almonds, blanched
- 10 sprigs rosemary
- 8 sage leaves
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 750 g baby potatoes boiled in salty water till done
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ clove of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Trim the lower part of the pork chops with a sharp knife.
- Pierce the pork chops all around, making small 1 cm slits with a sharp tipped knife. This will help them spread out and not contract while cooking; it will also allow the fat to cook easier.
- Drizzle them with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and brown them in a pan over high heat.
- Add the 4 sprigs of rosemary and continue sautéing. When they have browned nicely, add the butter to the pan.
- Use a spoon to help you baste the pork chops with the melted butter. When they have turned golden brown, set them aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat the almonds in a food processor until they break down.
- Add the rosemary, sage and garlic and beat to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs, pepper, salt and olive oil. Continue beating until completely combined.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and place the pork chops and the baby potatoes in a baking pan.
- Brush the pork chops with the mustard and spread the mixture over them, making sure it sticks and they are nicely coated.
- Drizzle with some extra olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes for a medium result.
- If you want them well done, remove the baby potatoes from the baking pan and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.