- 100 g olive oil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) mustard
- zest, from 2-3 lemons
- juice, from 2-3 lemons
- 1-2 clove of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1,5 kilo pork steaks, pork chops
- 6 potatoes, medium sized, peeled
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
Greek Lemon Roasted Pork Chops
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 190* C (374* F) Fan.
- To make the marinade beat the olive oil, bouillon cubes, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and honey in a food processor or mortar and pestle, until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour the marinade-sauce into a large baking pan.
- Chop the potatoes into pieces and add them to the baking pan.
- Place the pork chops on a cutting board to prep them.
- There is usually a thick layer of fat on the outer side of the central bone of the pork chops. A good tip to make sure they cook properly but also to give them a nice shape is to make slits along this part, vertically towards the central bone.
- Position the pork chops upright on the cutting board and using a sharp knife make 1 cm slits along the fat until your reach the central bone. This will help the fat shrink and cook nicely.
- Transfer to baking pan along with the oregano, thyme and pepper. Mix well and make sure the fat side is directly touching the pan all around the edges so that it can cook properly and become crunchy.
- If you have enough time cover with aluminum foil, refrigerate and let them marinate for 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, add the water, cover well with aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the aluminum foil; mix and roast again for another ½ hour to 60 minutes, until most of the liquid has reduced to a nice lemony sauce and the pork chops are golden.
- When ready serve the lemony pork chops and potatoes with a generous amount of sauce.
If you follow the directions for roasting with the aluminum foil the meat will become perfectly tender and juicy!!!
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by