Quite possibly the best pork roll you have ever eaten!!
- Preheat the oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Cover the meat in a net. Brush with some olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the pork roll on all sides in a large pan, over high heat.
- Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil on a working surface. Then cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Creat a layer of aromatics on the parchment paper, adding quite a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
- As soon as the meat has browned on all sides, place over layer of aromatics.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the butter along with 2 cloves of garlic. When the butter melts, pour mixture over meat.
- Wrap the pork roll in the parchment paper like a piece of candy and then wrap the aluninum foil over it. Transfer to a roasting pan fitted with a rack.
- Roast for 2 1/2 hours.
- When ready, remove from oven. Cut open the wrappings and remove the net from around the meat.
For the glaze
- Add all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Brush the hot mustard all over the meat and then pour the glaze over it.
- Place back in oven and roast for another 30 minutes. During this time, baste the with glaze every 5 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow the meat to rest for a bit.
- Cut into slices and serve with mashed potatoes.