Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350*F).
- Place the ham in a baking pan. Cut 2 bouillon cubes into smaller pieces and add them to the baking pan also.
- Add the beer and pieces of butter.
- Add the chili pepper flakes.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and roast for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and place the pineapple slices on the ham. Pour the pineapple juice into the pan. Add some extra chili pepper flakes and salt.
- Pierce pineapple slices with cloves to keep them securely on the meat.
- Roast again for 30-40 minutes.
- Place a pan on heat. Add some olive oil.
- Add the boiled potatoes to the pan. Press them down and sauté.
- Season with salt, pepper and some thyme.
- To finish, add the juices from the ham in the baking pan.
For the syrup
- Combine the honey, soft dark brown sugar in a saucepan. Heat for 1-2 minutes, until the sugar melts completely.