- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 slice of bread, crust removed and cut into pieces
- 450 g ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon bukovo pepper flakes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 24 mozzarella balls, small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- grated parmesan, for serving
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Add the milk and bread pieces in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until all of the milk has been absorbed in the bread.
- Add the ground meat, fennel seeds, bukovo, half the minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together all of the ingredients.
- Make 24 meatballs out of the mixture. Push a small mozzarella ball into the center of each meatball and smooth mixture to cover.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs for 4-5 minutes, turning over until done.
- Add the remaining olive oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sugar and vinegar. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.
Rate this recipe You need to login