- 2 kilos lamb, intestines
- 50 g vinegar
- 1 caul fat, of lamb
- 1 lamb pluck, of lamb pluck
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme, dry
- 2 tablespoon(s) rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) oregano
- zest, of 2 lemons
- juice, of 2 lemons
Greek Easter Grill - Kokoretsi -
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
6 - 8
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the intestines thoroughly both inside and out.
- Place in a large bowl and add the vinegar and salt.
- Allow to soak for 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In the meantime, place the lace fat in a bowl.
- Rinse under warm running water thoroughly.
- Let it soak in the bowl with water and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Wash the lamb pluck and chop into 4-5 cm pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, oregano, lemon zest and pepper. Do not add salt from the beginning or else it will toughen the meat.
- Set it aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- You will need two 30 cm metallic skewers.
- Thread the pieces of lamb pluck on the skewers in the alternating in the following order : lungs, heart, liver, sweetbreads. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off a piece of lace fat large enough to cover the whole skewer and wrap nicely over the meat.
- Wrap the intestines around the meat to cover and tighten at the edge of the skewer. This process needs patience and quite a lot of intestines.
- Wrap with parchment paper and aluminum foil.
- Transfer to a 30x40 cm baking pan fitted with a rack and bake for 45 minutes.
- When ready, remove the aluminum foil and parchment wrappings and bake again for 20 minutes until golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by